Verkís have recent and broad experience from major industrial project in Iceland in connection with the establishment of aluminum smelters, hydro power plants and power transmission lines that makes the cooperation particularly attractive for IndustriConsult and the Norwegian market.
Verkís HF is formed by two of Iceland’s leading consulting engineering firms, Almenna Consulting Engineers and Verkís Consulting Engineers have teamed up under the name Verkís HF. Almenna has been establishedin Norway (Karenslyst All) for quite some time and has participated in numerous projects in Norway. The office is now a Verkís office with strong ties to Iceland. Verkís HF is currently one of Iceland’s largest consulting engineering companies with approx. 350 employees in Iceland, Norway and Poland.
Verkís possess expert knowledge covering a customer’s total demand for engineering services, from initial idea to a completed project. In addition, Verkís services also relates to various operating and maintenance projects. Among the services offered are:
- Preparation and planning activities
- Design of all kinds of heavy equipment e.g. power plants, metallurgical and other industrial plants, energy transmission, water and sewage installations, commercial and service buildings
- Design of all the special systems that are needed in construction and civil work projects
- Project management in connection with pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, cost estimates and the project execution and implementation phase
- Construction and erection control and management
- Health, safety and security consulting
Industry Consulting and Verkís will work together in selected projects and share resources in the Norwegian and Icelandic market so that our customers will get access to the broad expertise and capacity that the two businesses together represent.
For more information about Verkís HF, see www.verkis.no